AR
Sat - 10 / Dec / 2022 - 2:50 am
 
http://www.tirejafrin.com/index.php?page=category&category_id=204&lang=ar&lang=ar
 
http://www.tirejafrin.com/site/m-kamel.htm
Afrin in Lines » The districts and Villages of Afrin »

Afrin City ( The province of the centre )

The sources refer to the fact that in the Roman era , there was a Roman Route passing across the present city of Afrin and the diggings on the souther side of Jindares Main Road showed many huge stones which perhaps were the bases of ancient buildings or they were the stone bases of that Roman Road .

History books mention that in the Middle Ages -in the 14th century- there was a bridge named " Kibar" in the city site . In the end of the Ottoman Era , there was an inn for caravans and travelers beside the bridge in the place of the present Hall Town .
After the limiting of the Turkish – Syrian borders according to French – Turkish contracts in 1922 , the Kurds Mount was divided officially into two parts and the Syrian part was still without a centre which could replace "Kellese" city and when Kurds Mount was named a province and then Afrin City was chosen to be the centre to establish a town in and this town was named Afrin and perhaps for this reason Afrin city was called "Kopreiyyh" for a long time and this name means "the bridge" in Turkish . The government buildings in this city such as the police station , the prison and the civil Register building were built in 1925 till 1930 .
The two sides of the ancient road of Al-Hammam was taken as a main street which had got shops , and two small hotels on its two own sides .

The first people who inhabited in this city were the Armenians who resorted to the French forces running away from the Turks , so the Armenians started to build their houses there and after them some Aghas of the area started to build their houses such as Ale-Sido Mimi,  Ale-Ghobari , Derwish Agha shemmo and then Ahmed Khalil Agha from Maamal Oshaghi and others .
After having finished the building of the official buildings, many offices of civil register, the financial office and the office of the religion affairs were built because all the administrative documents and the civil register files remained in Kellese city .
The Frenches comitted to fulfil the conditions of the contract with the local leaders so they allowed them to employ the employees from the area's people , so the bosses of the government administrations offices including the financial office , the civil Register office ,the head Master of the Hall Town centre , the leader of the police men and the police officers all of them were from the area's people at the beginning . The first registrar in Afrin City was in 1927 and he was Mohammed Rashad Kahwa from "Terenda" village .
The first elecated person was Haski Selo from Terenda , too . But the first head Master of the religion affairs office was sir Fadel who was Turkish and after him came sir Ibrahim Naaso from Markan village and then came sir Mohammed Ashami for a short period in the 60s of the twentieth century .

Afrin remained a small town with houses made of clay and stones and with wooden ceilings till the end of the 60s of the 20s century . At that time , the town started to have a wide architectural movement because of the local emigration to Afrin and as a result many new avenues were formed in Afrin and they were : Al-Mahmoudiyya Avenue in the western north , Al-Zideyya Avenue in the north and it was the ancient village , Al-Ashrafiyya Avenue in the east and Al-Qarage Avenue in the western south and these last
 two Avenue are located on a high front of a hill situated to the east of Afrin River along the bank to the northern south of Terenda village which has been joined to the city of Afrin lately .

There is also Al-Bobannians Avenue which is located along the western bank of Afrin River . Then , Afrin is a beautiful , quiet and ancient city which has got a geographical location , straight streets and a moderate climate . The Geographical Syrian Dictionary says : "It is the most beautiful small city in Syria" .

Afrin is the main economic , social and administrative centre in the region . In the last period of the twentieth century , an important architectural movement started in the city and consequently the street of Rajo Road turned to a main commercial and architectural centre of the city , so many buildings with stories have been built on the two sides of the street as well as many good shops which have different goods . There is also a daily trade market in the city which displays the different agricultural and animal products in addition to the weekly market on Wednesday . 

There are also many factories in the city to produce soap and oil as well as small factories to building substances and nutritious substances . There is also a factory whose name is "Al-Batta" which was built in 1927 and produced alcohol . There are many industrial workshops such as carpentry , smithies and workshops to repair machineries and what makes Afrin different is everlasting movement of traveling from Afrin to Aleppo because many families settled in Aleppo and this makes the social relation ships and the economic and cultural relations between Afrin and Aleppo very strong .

Afrin city now is the centre of an area has about (263) villages and (100) farms . In the end of 2001, it had a population of about (80,000) people according to the town Hall statistics and (43076) people according to the civil Register in 2001 and it is with an area of (76,377 square kilometers ) and it has got 41 villages and 15 farms .

It is important to mention that the height of the city ranges 190 meters beside (near) the Bridge and 392 meters at the top of Al-Zedieyya height according to a cave situated on the northern front beside the cemetery of Al-Zedieyya .
Afrin is the name of the area and its provinces . The meaning of the name is "the running water : some people say that it means "the red water and the Geographical Syrian Dictionary says that the origin of the name is the word "Afro" which means "life or fertile soil" in the Aramian language
 - - The villages of Afrin
A zayydeia , Al-Ashrafiyya , Iskan , Zalka , Bablit , Kersana , Basouta , Basofan , Baei , Batite , Burj Haidar , Burj Abdalo ,Al-Kabeera , Ghazi Tebba , Tel-Taweel , Tellef , Joumkeh , Sheik Sidi , Al-Khadraa , Al-Mastoura , Ein Deeba , Kafarlab , Annayera – Sheik Addeir , Azzarifa , Ein Dara , Ghazzaweyya , Kurzehel , Kafar Batra , Kafar Zeid , Kafra Sheel , Kokabeh , Azzawieyya , Maarate , Ibn-Anab , Baseltlaya , Barad , Kafar Nabbo , Soghana , Burj Al-Qass , Azzeyyara , Julbol , Kafarbella , Deir Meshmesh , Khaldeyga , Khrebkeh , Shwareght Ajjouz , Shwareght  Al-Arz , Zouk Al-Kabeer , Bashmara , Kilonah , Kherbet Sheik Akeel , Maaresta Al-Khateeb , Kafarmez , Al-Hawa (Arsh Keebar) , Akeeba , Faferteen , Kabbashin , Meryameen , Mayyassa .
 
Miss zarifa nasser

PrintSend To Friend

Comments on the subject

شاريزاد نبو | ارقام هواتف مخاتير منطقه عفرين
طالب من سيادتكوم ان تبين لنا ارقام هواتف واسماء مخاتير منطقه عفرين ولكم شكر
15:07:37 , 2012/02/17

روباري | لغة الكردية
نعم لغة كردية
23:31:56 , 2012/01/19

دليل | شكراااااااااااااااااااااااا
س ؟ هل هذه القرى والنواحي تتكلم جميعها اللغة الكردية ؟
15:36:26 , 2011/04/04



? Would you like to comment on the subject

Your Name :
Country :
Comment Title :
Comment :


 
Afrin in Lines » The districts and Villages of Afrin »